[vtkusers] creating a 3D body using unstructured grid

Paul McGuinness mcguinpg at maths.tcd.ie
Mon May 17 13:16:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

The link you kindly suggested isn't very useful for my particular
problem, but thank you anyway. My problem is I want to create a solid body
(a 3D body) from a surface created by 2d triangles. But to put it simply I
am
creating a sphere by defining the surface of it using triangles. But it is
just like a shell. I want the whole volume enclosed by the surface to have
a different scalar value to the volume outside the surface (e.g. density)!
Is this possible? Can someone help please?

Yours thankfully,
Paul.