[vtkusers] Is there a way to identify "groups" of cells in a vtk unstructured??????

nikhil butala nvbutala at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 13:45:28 EDT 2004

Anyone?????

This problem is in the archives, but no one ever
posted a solution.

                I have some finite element analysis (FEA) results (about
30000 points and 20000 cells) -- the 2 components in this
model may be identified by their material -- is there a
way to distinguish groups of cells by material?
              Also, I wish to apply different boundary condition to each
group of cell..... Is this possible in VTK??

thanks in advance,
Regards,
Nikhil Butala