[vtkusers] error when using RemoveActor()

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu May 13 05:33:03 EDT 2004

    > But, if you #undef GetClassName or #undef RemoveProp,
    > or if you #define UNICODE it will not work, as he compiler
    > will respectively look for RemoveProp or RemovePropW.
    I c... But VTK itself compiles in Unicode...
    I have M$ .net 2003 Studio.

I also use MS VC++ 2003.
UNICODE is never defined in my CMake generated solution.
I analysed the vtk dlls from my build (vtk 4.2) and from vtk42-LatestRelease.exe with DependencyWalker and found GetClassNameA, SetPropA, ...
I have downloaded vtk 4.4.
I have added this code :

#ifdef UNICODE
#error unicode!
#endif

and it works, so UNICODE does not seem to be defined.
I compiled vtkCommon and opened vtkCommon.dll with dependency walker : I found GetClassNameA, SetPropA, ...

So I don't understand what you mean when you say vtk itself compiles in Unicode.

    > I made a proposal to correct this.
    Which bug number ?

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=836

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL