[vtkusers] vtkPanel problem on Windows

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Tue May 11 13:38:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my Java 1.4 project to work with the latest VTK.  I
have a JPanel with an embedded vtkPanel.  This works, except that when
RenderCreate is called inside of vtkPanel, I get another window on my
desktop, with a title of "Visualization Toolkit - Win32OpenGLRenderer".
This window contains the same display as my vtkPanel does, but usually locks
up. What is this window and how can I prevent it from being created?

Thanks,

Ben Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 101B
Mequon, WI  53092
P: +1 (262) 240-0291 x101
F: +1 (262) 240-0294
W: http://www.staarinc.com