[vtkusers] vtkMPIEventLog - not built into VTK 4.2

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 14:01:23 EDT 2004

I'd like to use vtkMPIEventLog for custom MPI event logging in my VTK4.2-based parallel app., but, though vtkMPIEventLog.cxx and vtkMPIEventLog.h are in the VTK/Parallel directory, the VTK build process doesn't compile and link vtkMPIEventLog.cxx into libvtkParallel.so.

The reason seems to be that VTK/Parallel/CMakeLists.txt doesn't include a line for vtkMPIEventLog.cxx in the "IF (VTK_USE_MPI)" statement along with lines for vtkMPICommunicator.cxx, vtkMPIController.cxx and vtkMPIGroup.cxx.

Is VTK/Parallel/CMakeLists.txt set up wrong?

Has vtkMPIEventLog been discontinued?

Thanks.

Randy Hudson.