[vtkusers] voxel values in vtkImageData

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 7 15:44:33 EDT 2004

I have a question related to the VolumeMapper architecture in VTK.  A
couple weeks ago I tried to write a surface projection volume mapper to
no avail.  Basically, all I want to do is ray-cast until I hit the
surface then average some sub-surface voxels to get the intensity I want
projected.  The results I got lead me to believe that the ray caster
only casts rays in orthogonal directions to the volume.  Is this true?
If so, are there any ideas on how to implement a surface projection
algorithm in the current ray cast architecture? Or, where can I modify
the ray caster to project rays orthogonal to the view-plane?  Thanks for
your time.

Tuhin Sinha