[vtkusers] Importing images drawn into a memory based device context (DC) into VTK

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Thu May 6 05:40:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

Is it M$ Window$ ??

> 1- Draw the maps (using our cartography library) onto the Window and
> then draw the VTK renderer over the top. Doing this I would
> need to get
> the VTK renderer to be transparent (or have a transparent colour key).
In your View class, you can paint in the OnDraw() function the image
in the background. With SetLayer (vtkRenderer) and SetNumberOfLayers
(vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow) you can set the transparency of the
renderer.

> 2- Import the background map as an image into the VTK
> pipeline. (How can
> I do this if the image is drawn into memory which I only have a device
> context (DC) pointer to?)
Do not know that... But maybe you can make the image as a texture
and use a vtkPlaneSource, set it somewhere in the back and take
away all mouse interaction with it ?? This actually reminds me, that
I need this kind of behaviour ;)

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255