[vtkusers] mpich+smp

Sungeun Kim sungeun at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Mar 31 13:02:55 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to render a medical dataset on the Window cluster by using
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper. To control the slave nodes of the cluster, I am
using MPICH-1.2.5.2 library and each node has dual CPUs.  When I run my
program on the master node with "mpirun -np node#", each node start
rendering, but on each node, only one CPU is used to render the scene
even if I set the number of threads as 2 for vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.
According to the manual, vtkVolumeRayCastMapper support multithreading.
Is there any way to simultaneously use both CPU  on each node when I run
the program with MPICH library?

Thanks in advance.

Sungeun.