[vtkusers] comments on N dimensional images for vtk

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Wed Mar 31 11:00:34 EST 2004

Hi everyone

I am writing a vtk image reader for reading images from a new file format
designed and coded by myself and my collaborator.

You can find the application API at the following link
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/minc2/api_doc/minc_20.html

It is called MINC2.0 and It is sitting over HDF5.

It has features like multi-resolution, compression and blocking
and
it was designed to deal with large size images
( >2 GB) and other issues that we are facing at our center.

This file format is also N dimensional.

So my main issue right now is come up with a smart way to extract 3-4
dimensions out of the available dimensions and pass them to vtk.

If anyone can give me any advice or comments that would be great.

thanks for your time

Leila