[vtkusers] osx issue when vtk display embeded in qt widget

hui zhang huiz at gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Sat Mar 27 20:27:32 EST 2004

dear all,

i build this GUI using Qt with a VTK display embedded for 3D
visualization.  it works perfectly fine on linux but simply won't work
on OS X.  first i compiled my own native Qt/Mac and VTK 4.2.5 for
Carbon.  the VTK examples all run just fine.  but my Qt embedded VTK
display shows me a perpetual dark background.  this weekend, i made
some progress by using fink's Qt/X11 plus VTK 4.4 for X11.  by
minimizing and restore the windows, i can actually see the scene
displayed.  but it appears not to respond to mouse interaction.  the
truth is it does respond properly, but you won't see the changed scene
until you minimize and restore the window again.  also you see the
assertion error "xp_import_surface: assertion failed: s == 0" keeps
popping up constantly.

anyone has any ideas how to fix this?  thanks.

gary

ps

many thanks to martin costabel for creating the VTK for X11