[vtkusers] Keep pointIds with vtkExtractEdges

Toon Huysmans denhuys at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:33:24 EST 2004

Hello,

    I have a tetrahedral mesh, in an unstructured grid, and now i want to have the edges of the tetrahedrons.
    So I use vtkExtractEdges, but it seems that the pointIds of the edges do not correspond to the vertices in the original mesh.

So does anyone know a way to extract edges (merge duplicate edges) and keep the pointset like in the original mesh?

Ideally i would like to have links from my tetrahedrons to its faces, and from the faces to their edges and from the edges to the points, but that would be to much propably...

Greetings,

Toon.