[vtkusers] ImplicitModeller and ContourFilter

Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 25 20:15:17 EST 2004

This is odd:

Now that ImplicitModeller is a DataSetToImageFilter, my ContourFilter
complains, but only in C++, not Tcl:

  vtkVectorText *letterN = vtkVectorText::New();
  letterN->SetText("N");

  vtkImplicitModeller *Nmodeller = vtkImplicitModeller::New();
  Nmodeller->SetInput(letterN->GetOutput());
  Nmodeller->SetMaximumDistance(0.2);
  Nmodeller->SetSampleDimensions(64, 64, 64);
  Nmodeller->SetAdjustDistance(.5);

  vtkContourFilter *NIso = vtkContourFilter::New();
  NIso->SetInput(Nmodeller->GetOutput());
  NIso->SetValue(1, .1);

compiler error:

CreateCompass.cxx:138: no matching function for call to
`vtkContourFilter::SetInput(vtkImageData*)'
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter.h:44: candidates are:
virtual void vtkDataSetToPolyDataFilter::SetInput(vtkDataSet*)

but if I run Examples/Modelling/Tcl/hello.tcl, it seems to run fine with
the same ContourFilter input (vtkImplicitModeller GetOutput).

Am I missing something?  How do I use ImplicitModeller with ContourFilter?
Why does it work when wrapped in Tcl?

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher Moore                email: Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Research Scientist, Oceanography                 tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL         fax: 206.526.6744