[vtkusers] GUI for adjusting volume renderer properties

Simon DROUIN sdrouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 25 17:48:50 EST 2004

Jianlong Zhou wrote:

>Hi, Gianni, Simon, Rupert,
>
>I think it is very useful to create a Qt widget for transfer function specification in volume
>rendering. Maybe many people spend much time to design this kind of widget before writing
>a volume rendering application. I think vtkusers can cooperate together to create a powerful
>transfer function specification Qt widget and provide together with vtkqt libraries.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jianlong

Seems like a lot of people are interested in this topic!!! I agree with
you Jianlong, vtkusers should cooperate on that issue. However, I think
that kind of widget should be implemented as a vtk3DWidget. That way, it
could be used by any vtk developer, no matter what language/gui
toolkit/platform he uses.

It would be interesting that people post links to pictures of what they
think the widget should look like. It would be a good starting point.

-simon