[vtkusers] cleaning up a surface rendering

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 25 13:02:35 EST 2004

    Amy> John, vtkConnectivityFilter should be helpful to you.  See
    Amy> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkConnectivityFilter.html.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the speedy reply.  That helped a lot.  I'm very close to
having the functionality I need, but am stuck on one point.

I use the connectivity filter with SetExtractionModeToAllRegions and a
vtkWorldPointPicker to get the x,y,z coords of a point I click on.  I
then call

    x,y,z = picker.GetPickPosition()
    connect.SetClosestPoint(x,y,z)
    # now I just need to get the id of the region closest point and
    # then call
    connect.DeleteSpecifiedRegion (id)

Ie, I set the closest point but don't know how to get the id of the
region that is at the closest point.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
John Hunter