[vtkusers] how to isolate slices from a single raw volume file ?

arpit baldeva abaldeva at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 04:49:52 EST 2004

hi,

I am reading a raw volume file of type (*.raw) which
contains entire volume. I know how to read a complete
volume specified in a single raw file or as an indexed
series of raw files. My problem is that due to large
size of my dataset, I want to read a portion of total
slices. For example, for a total of 150 slices, I want
to read first 50 slices and last 100 slices
individually.

Assuming 256x256 images, if I use
SetDataExtent(0,255,0,255,0,49) and
SetDataExtent(0,255,0,255,50,149) methods for my
vtkImageReader object, it doesnt work for the second
case. In the second case, it reads 100 slices but from
the begining and not from the 50th slice.

Any suggestions on how to do it in vtk ? Or is it that
i need to write some code outside vtk ?
thanks a lot. I ll appreciate any help.

cheers

Arpit.