[vtkusers] GUI for adjusting volume renderer properties

Simon DROUIN sdrouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 22 11:50:09 EST 2004

Rupert Shute wrote:

>Hi,
>	Does anyone know of a QT widget (in the public domain) that can be
>used to interactively control the opacity and colour transfer functions of a
>volume renderer?
>
>The sort of thing that I am looking for is a graph to which points can be
>added/deleted and moved around with the mouse. It would be a bonus if a
>histogram of the data were incorporated as a background.
>
>Any tips on where to start building my own would also be greatly received.
>
>Regards
>
>Rupert
>--

Hi Rupert,

I also need such a widget and have been thinking about the problem for a
while. I think the way to go would be to write the widget as a
vtk3DWidget. That way you can embed it in a Qt gui but you can also
include it in any simple vtk application. I was even thinking about
writing a Qt widget on top of the vtk widget. The Qt widget could
include the vtk one and add or overwrite functionality to make it more
user friendly.

If such a widget is not available in the public domain by the beginning
of may, I will start writing one.

-simon