[vtkusers] problems with vtkImagePlaneWidget

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 22 03:35:45 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 00:36, N.E Mackenzie-Mackay wrote:
> 	One more question:  Now that I have the imagePlaneWidget working I
> realized I can't translate, rotate or scale the plane due to lack of a
> middle mouse button.  Is there a way of getting around this? ( other
> then grabbing a new mouse )

Let's keep this on the list, other people might find it useful.

My first solution requires a hammer and a chainsaw, so we'll skip to the
second.  With the vtkImagePlaneWidget in latest CVS (I don't know when
this was added, Dean?), you can do something like:

// ipw is your instance
ipw.SetLeftButtonAction(vtkImagePlaneWidget::SLICE_MOTION_ACTION);

You'll lose cursoring (which is normally your left button).  It seems
you might still be able to do something with the *ButtonAutoModifier
functions, see the vtkImagePlaneWidget header for this.

Good luck,
Charl