[vtkusers] Stream Lines

Jay Ratcliff jayratcliff at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 15:47:13 EST 2004

Hello,

In trying to generate stream lines over a vector field (surface water velocity vectors) I do not get any output.  My data is a triangle mesh with point attributes containing vectors which are essentially 2d but have all 3 components – only all z-components are 0.

I am trying to follow the officetubes.tcl example.  My bounds, length, and time are as follows:

Polydata set length = 141421

 maxTime = 528908.630328

 bounds = 440000 540000 3.25e+006 3.35e+006 -56.739 8.841

I set a point at : xst,yst,zst =  490000.0, 3300000.0, -23.949  ( in the middle of the dataset).

My code is as follows:

vtkRungeKutta4 integ

vtkStreamLine streamer

    streamer SetInput [assignVec GetPolyDataOutput]

    streamer SetStartPosition  $xst $yst $zst

     streamer SetMaximumPropagationTime 1000

     streamer SetStepLength 10

     streamer SetIntegrationStepLength 0.1

    streamer SetIntegrationDirectionToIntegrateBothDirections

    streamer SetIntegrator integ

Then I use the vtkTubeFilter to get the output of streamer and eventually render.

I use “vtkAssignAttribute assignVec” to set the point vectors attribute because the polydata set has over 100 arrays of velocity vectors.

Am I at least going in the right direction ?

Appreciate your help,

Jay

Do you Yahoo!?