[vtkusers] 3D, constant view size, billboard object?

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Mar 19 15:29:12 EST 2004

Hi,
In a nutshell, you need to add an observer to your renderwindow
StartRender event.  In your callback, you
1.  Convert a billboard world point to display
2.  nudge the display point by a couple of pixels
3. convert the nudged point back to world
4.  the distance between the original point and the point from (3) will
give you a radius by which you can scale your billboard object before it
renders.

if this is too sketchy, i could probably cobble up some code...  let me
know.
-Jeff