[vtkusers] Build failure for vtk on os x Panther with python

david e ignacio davidi at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:52:14 EST 2004

I'd actually look into using the fink version of python when building
vtk on the Mac.  I have built VTK for my lab to run on both 10.2.7 and
10.3.2, and it works like a charm.

Fink:  fink.sourceforge.net

They actually just recently upgraded version 2.3 into the stable
branch.  So then after fink install python, change the following values
in CMake:

PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH=/sw/include/python2.3
PYTHON_LIBRARY=/sw/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.dylib

Dave