[vtkusers] Re: Problem with Mesa and Offscreen Rendering

Bill Hill bill at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 03:30:06 EST 2004

I have offscreen rendering working using Mesa 6.0 with VTK 4.2.2
under Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2. The only way I could get it to work
was to make a separate build for offscreen rendering which did
*not* use the OpenGL libs of /usr/X11R6/lib (or /usr/lib) but
only used the Mesa OpenGL libs and Mangled Mesa libs.

The offscreen rendering is working for me with: C++, Tcl/Tk and
Python but the offscreen rendering build process seems broken for
Java since no Java bindings are generated to the offscreen
rendering code. Has anyone managed to get offscreen rendering
working from Java? The work around that I'm using at the moment
is to use a virtual frame buffer (Xvfb) but this is not ideal.

Cheers,
Bill
--
| Bill Hill                | WWW:   http://www.hgu.mrc.ac.uk/Users/Bill.Hill |