[vtkusers] operate the data in vtkUnstructuredGrid

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Mar 15 09:49:33 EST 2004

Longfei Cong wrote:
> Hi vtkusers, i have generated the the mesh with vtkClipVolume. Could
> anyone tell me how to get the points and cells in the
> vtkUnstructuredGrid and revise them. I don't know the structure of
> the class very much, and how to use the function in the class. Could
> anyone give me a example about this. Thank you very much. Best
> regards!

Longfei Cong,

	You can find the documentation for this class here:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkUnstructuredGrid.html

You can use for instance:

vtkCellArray * 	GetCells ()

to retrieve the cellArray.

	BTW if you scroll this page, you'll find test and example of use of
this class:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/c2_vtk_e_5.html#c2_vtk_e_vtkUnstructuredGrid
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/c2_vtk_t_12.html#c2_vtk_t_vtkUnstructuredGrid

HTH