[vtkusers] Quadratic Hexahedra Continued

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Sun Mar 14 10:26:16 EST 2004

Mathieu,

I have checked my file format by recompiling the SampleMFC application using
the v4.2 libraries. That application reads in the file perfectly (although
it has not facility to view the different attributes - pressures/flowrates -
at the mesh nodes) and so I will conclude (for the moment) that my file
format isn't the issue. I have therefore looked closely at my program to try
and figure out why it crashes. The logic of how it works is:

Create a file with all the mesh info in it (data.vtk)
Read in this file as the new view is opened - use a
vtkUnstructuredGridReader *pMeshReader
                pMeshReader->SetFileName(strdup("data.vtk"));
Then use a vtkUnstructuredGrid
	    pUnstructuredGrid = pMeshReader->GetOutput() ;
Now filter the grid (mesh) info to create a viewable object
               pGeomFilter->SetInput(pUnstructuredGrid) ;
Then use a vtkPolyDataMapper:
               pMaterialMapper->SetInput(pGeomFilter->GetOutput());
Finally associate this mapper with an actor:
               pMeshMaterialActor->SetMapper(pMaterialMapper);

Are we sure that all of these objects have been sufficiently debugged and
that they work correctly with the quadratic hexahedra?

Regards,

Jim
______________________

James C. Robinson, PhD,