[vtkusers] Quadratic Hexahedra

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Sat Mar 13 13:47:44 EST 2004

Dear All,

I am trying to upgrade my application to run with v4.2. I have got it to
compile and run (thank you all, Mathieu, Charl) as before. Now I want to use
the new objects (vtkQuadraticHexahedra), which was a major part of the whole
objective of upgrading to v4.2. The way my application works (lazily as
usual) I decided to circumvent the need to create the vtkUnstructuredGrid
directly and instead I output my FE mesh to a *.vtk file and read it in
using a vtkUnstructuredGridReader. This worked beautifully up to now. I have
used the vtk file format details in my User's Guide (dated 1998 - came with
vtk v3.2). The problem is, the program crashes when it tries to read in the
file. I will be able to investigate it (line by line etc.) but I just wanted
to confirm that the format detailed in my book is correct (with CELL_TYPES =
25 for the quadhexes).

Regards,

Jim

______________________