[vtkusers] Protecting/Encrypting *.vtk files

Eddie MayDay eddie_md18 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 07:35:49 EST 2004

Hello Group,

The group I work with, has created some *.vtk files of
importance to the medical community and has spent over
2 years on them. We would like to 'sell' these on a
'non profit' basis so as to entirely invest the
returns on further research. This way we will also be
able to provide our content to a larger reach of
researchers. Initially we would like to give a
complete demo version of all our files and in this
regard :

I'am wondering if there is a way to encrypt our *.vtk
images so as to discourage piracy of our work,
although we will have an open license when the files
are purchased.

Any response will be welcome.

Thank you,