[vtkusers] Problems about export STL file

An Jiye an_jiye at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 21:27:11 EST 2004

> Is your new plateform 64 bits ?
> You haven't extremely verbose about the description of your two
> plateforms, and my crystal ball is broken right now. So I am not able to
> guess anymore ;)

Sorry for that. My application runs on Win2000 and WinXP.

I think I had find where the problem lies, but I don't know how to solve it.

I will get the properly saved STL file under debug mode. But when I compile
the code and perform linking to create a released .exe, it can not export
STL.

Here is my code segments:

.. ...

 vtkAppendPolyData *append = vtkAppendPolyData::New();

 // Here I will add multiple inputs in practice
 append->AddInput(extractor->GetOutput());

 vtkTriangleFilter *triangles = vtkTriangleFilter::New();
 triangles->SetInput(append->GetOutput());

 vtkSTLWriter *writer = vtkSTLWriter::New();
 writer->SetInput(triangles->GetOutput());
 writer->SetFileName(szPathName);
 writer->SetFileTypeToASCII();
 writer->Write();

 writer->Delete();
 triangles->Delete();
 append->Delete();

.. ...

What's the difference between debug and release? Can you give me any
suggestion about why this happen?

Best Regards,
An Jiye