[vtkusers] vtkThreshold by arbitrary array

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Wed Mar 10 16:28:40 EST 2004

Hi All,

I would like to threshold an unstructured grid by an arbitrary array
which does not belong to the data set. This is the essence of my code:

      // output is the unstructured grid with scalar cell data only.

      output->GetCellData()->AddArray(  requiredCells );

      output->GetCellData()->SetActiveScalars( requiredCells ->GetName()
);

      output->GetCellData()->CopyScalarsOff();

     // run vtkThreshold on the cell scalars

Despite CopyScalarsOff(), "requiredCells" appears in the output from the
vtkThreshold filter whereas I was only expecting the original cell
scalar data. Am I missing anything?

Many thanks.

John Platt.