[vtkusers] vtkOBJReader

Veerapuram Varadhan v.varadhan at californiadigital.com
Tue Mar 9 09:19:44 EST 2004

The following piece of sample can get you required tuple from the polydata.

vtkPolyData* input = NULL;
int nPoints = 0;
float intensity_value = 0.00;
float* coord = NULL;

input = vtkOBJReader->GetOutput();
nPoints = input->GetNumberOfPoints;

for (int i = 0; i < nPoints; i++)
{
    // to get the co-ordinate corresponding to a point in polydata
    coord = input->GetPoint(i);

    // to get the intensity value corresponding to a point in polydata
    intensity_value = input->GetPointData()->GetScalars()->GetTuple1(i);
}

Hope this helps,
V. Varadhan.