[vtkusers] textures and vtkPolyData (missing scalars?)

Wiebke Timm wiebke.timm at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 9 04:22:54 EST 2004

Hi!

Since no one seems to know about this error and I saw other users had
this problem too, I tried to investigate... but didn't have any
success.

On 04.03.2004, at 16:30, Wiebke Timm wrote:

> <snip>
> When I try to apply a texture, during runtime I get the following
> error:
>
> ERROR: In /debian/stage/vtk-4.2.5/Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx, line
> 111
> vtkOpenGLTexture (0x80bfef0): No scalar values found for texture input!

The source code of vtkOpenGLTexture shows that this happens if
this->GetInput()->GetPointData()->GetScalars() is false:

     if (!scalars)
       {
       vtkErrorMacro(<< "No scalar values found for texture input!");
       return;
       }

Don't know where to get scalars for my PolyData object...

There doesn't seem to be any SetScalars method or any other Set method
for that.
Also it worked without setting scalars for a collegue of mine.

To the people who posed that question earlier and didn't get an answer:
Did you figure it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ciao!
    Wiebke