[vtkusers] A question

Luke Hua luke_qz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 15:19:04 EST 2004

Hi, there.

Is there any way to retrieve actor by ID or properties? My renderer has various kind of actors and I need to delete and add them dynamically. It's very difficult to track the position of actors using Initialtraversal().

There is no return values for addActor(). Could vtk make some changes so that the addActor() can return a ID for each actor therefore easier to retrieve actors?

Or there is any other way to retrieve actors?

Thanks!

                                                                        Luke