[vtkusers] delnytriangulation.GetPoints Java Crash

Gearoid P Lydon g.lydon at mars.ucc.ie
Tue Mar 2 09:25:32 EST 2004

Jeff, Shyam, Mathieu,

Here are pieces of code relevant to my problem:

// CODE SECTION:

/*I keep delnytriangulation as a private field in SpaceBoundary*/
    private vtkPolyData delnytriangulation = new vtkPolyData();

/*inside of constructor of class SpaceBoundary*/
        vtkDelaunay2D delny = new vtkDelaunay2D();
        delny.SetInput(polyData);
        delny.SetSource(polyData);
        delny.Update();

        vtkTransformPolyDataFilter delnytransformfilter = new
	  vtkTransformPolyDataFilter();
        delnytransformfilter.SetInput(delny.GetOutput());
        delnytransformfilter.SetTransform(transform);
        delnytransformfilter.Update();
        delnytriangulation = delnytransformfilter.GetOutput();

/*Inside method SpaceBoundary.export()*/
//here is line #507  Sometimes I gets an error and sometimes its ok
       delnytriangulation.GetPoints().GetNumberOfPoints();

ERROR:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at
PC=0x1A6DE126
Function=Java_vtk_vtkPointSet_GetPoints_113+0x16
Library=D:\Program Files\vtk40\bin\vtkCommonJava.dll
Current Java thread:
        at vtk.vtkPointSet.GetPoints_13(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkPointSet.GetPoints(vtkPointSet.java:64)
        at SpaceBoundary.export(SpaceBoundary.java:507)

COMMENT:

I am interested in cells and points of delny output. How to take out the
geometry from it correctly.

Delny output should never be empty but I don’t know how to force vtk to
populate delny output in right time.

I am using update function to force vtk to compute the output but I'm not
sure how it works.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Gearóid Lydon

Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
University College Cork
College Road
Cork