[vtkusers] Mapping volume rendered surfaces To Slice data

Neilson Mackay 9nem at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Mar 1 19:28:29 EST 2004

Hi,

  I have two questions:

    1.  Is it possible to export a volume rendering of slice data as a
mesh?

    2.  If it is I need to know how points on the surface created by the
volume rendering the slices relate to the slices themselves.  To put is
more clearly I need to know there correspondence.

       If i(x,y) is a point on the volume rendered surface.  Where is
the same point on the slices, s(x,y), that created the volume rendering.

        generaly I need to know the transformation T such that:
          T( s(x,y ) = i(x,y)

      I would assume it would simply be a scalling but I am not
positive.

If you could help me out that would be great!

Neilson