[vtkusers] Wrapping vtk with tcl to one executable

Kevin Wright Kevin.Wright at ansys.com
Mon Mar 1 14:46:35 EST 2004

> I need to wrap a tcl application that uses vtk into one executable
> file.
> I saw on the mailing list that several users used TclPro successfully,
> but couldn't find any further details on how to do it.

I've linked a few VTK/Tcl apps using TclPro.  Works just fine.

Go to http://dev.scriptics.com and look for a link to download TclPro (There is most likely a newer address maintained by ActiveState, but that old one should still work).  When you download TclPro, you're interested in the Wrapper component.  The installation comes with a pdf users manual that will explain everything you need to wrap an application which links in dynamic extensions (VTK).

Kevin.