[vtkusers] How divide a 3D-object?

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Mon Jun 28 22:41:07 EDT 2004

Hi William,
     If the object is polygonal you can use vtkClipPolyData, with vtkPlane
as the implicit function. Use GenerateClippedOutputOn and GetClippedOutput
with GetOutput to get the pieces.

   Dave P

|         |           william oquendo  |
|         |           <oquendorohan at yah|
|         |           oo.com>          |
|         |           vtkusers-bounces@|
|         |           vtk.org          |
|         |           29/06/2004 08:38 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       vtkmail <vtkusers at vtk.org>                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [vtkusers] How divide a 3D-object?                                                                             |

Hi:
I am a new user of VTK. I need help to do the
following task: We have a 3D-object. Then, we cut it
using a plane (any orientation). My question is ¿How
can i divide  this object in two independent objects,
each separated of the  other by the plane?
Thanks.