[vtkusers] Volume Rendering with vtkVolumeRaycastMapper

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Mon Jun 28 11:56:56 EDT 2004

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for pointing out these two different functions which I did not
notice. vtkVolumeRaycastMapper->SetSampleDistance(0.2) solved the problem.
What is the range and default value for the sample distance? Thanks. Yang

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Avila [mailto:lisa.avila at kitware.com]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 10:21 AM
To: Xianjin Yang
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Volume Rendering with vtkVolumeRaycastMapper

Hi Yang,

Did you change the SampleDistance (not ImageSampleDistance)?

Lisa

At 10:01 AM 6/28/2004, you wrote:

Hi vtkusers,

I did volume rendering with vtkVolumeRaycastMapper and the volume image
looks fine (see the left image in the attachment). I set the color opacity
to 0 to turn the color below orange transparent and expected a smooth
"isosurface". The problem is that the image surface looked jagged like the
image rendered with vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D (the right image). I tried
finer data grid, lights, and ImageSampleDistance, but no use. Will someone
please tell me if I missed anything?

Thanks a lot.

Yang

<<raycast.jpg>>