[vtkusers] Volume Rendering with vtkVolumeRaycastMapper

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Mon Jun 28 10:01:32 EDT 2004

Hi vtkusers,

I did volume rendering with vtkVolumeRaycastMapper and the volume image
looks fine (see the left image in the attachment). I set the color opacity
to 0 to turn the color below orange transparent and expected a smooth
"isosurface". The problem is that the image surface looked jagged like the
image rendered with vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D (the right image). I tried
finer data grid, lights, and ImageSampleDistance, but no use. Will someone
please tell me if I missed anything?

Thanks a lot.

Yang
 <<raycast.jpg>>