[vtkusers] vtk file format question

nikhil butala nvbutala at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 15:04:48 EDT 2004

Dear VTK users,

                This question is about VTK file format. How can element faces be represented using VTK file format?

                 I have groups of faces of elements in a different file format(eg. face 1 of element number 1, face 4 of element number 2, face 2 of element3 and so on for 1000 elements are in one group) . I want to display this in VTK visualization window. For this, I want to represent this information in vtk file format.

                 I am converting this file format to vtk to display the group. I should be able to display only the particular faces of elements in the VTK visualization window.

               I am working with unstructured grids(3D tetrahedral elements).I know how to display groups of elements by using vtkThreshold.  I would like to extend this to faces now.
Any idea how to do this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks,
Nikhil Butala