[vtkusers] Help compiling on Mac PPC with OS X

Johnny C. Norris II jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 22 16:58:47 EDT 2004

Okay, I grabbed CMake from cvs and updated VTK from cvs.  I configured
VTK with VTK_USE_X turned on, and VTK_USE_CARBON and VTK_USE_COCOA
turned off.  I still get the same undefined symbols when linking the
rendering lib.

The machine I'm compiling on is supposed to be Panther with the X11
option.  It definitely has the X headers and libs under /usr/X11R6.  Is
there a way to confirm from the command prompt that it's actually
running Panther?

Here are the X11 and OpenGL-related values from CMakeCashe.txt.  Does
anyone notice anything obviously wrong?

CMAKE_X_CFLAGS: -I/usr/X11R6/include
CMAKE_X_LIBS: lSM;-lICE;/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.a
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR: /usr/X11R6/include
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY: -framework OpenGL
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY: -framework AGL
OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR: OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
X11_X11_INCLUDE_PATH: /usr/X11R6/include
X11_X11_LIB: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a
X11_Xext_LIB: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.a
X11_Xlib_INCLUDE_PATH: /usr/X11R6/include
X11_Xutil_INCLUDE_PATH: /usr/X11R6/include

Thanks,
John

--
John Norris