[vtkusers] Help compiling on Mac PPC with OS X

Johnny C. Norris II jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 22 13:36:41 EDT 2004

Hello,

We're replacing our Linux cluster with a PowerPC cluster running MacOS,
so I've been given the task of porting as much software as possible
before the switch.  Unfortuantely, I'm not particularly familiar with OS
X, and I'm having trouble with VTK.

I need to compile with VTK_USE_X turned on, since people will be using
the VTK apps remotely.  But the compile fails when linking the
vtkRendering lib with the following undefined symbols:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_xp_attach_gl_context
_xp_destroy_surface
_xp_get_client_id
_xp_import_surface
_xp_init
_xp_update_gl_context

I've tried different setting for VTK_USE_CARBON and VTK_USE_COCOA, just
in case, but they don't seem to matter.

I'm using CMake 2.0.1 and VTK from cvs.  I'm compiling with gcc 3.3 (the
one that came with the OS).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris