[vtkusers] VTK with Mingw/GCC and Dev-Cpp IDE

Vincent Nicolas vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be
Tue Jun 22 03:02:22 EDT 2004

Hi Matt,

I've just put an archive with a compiled version of VTK (october 2003) which works with Dev-Cpp and a sample test project for Dev-Cpp.

You can found it on this site : http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/~nicovic

I think it could be possible to compile VTK using Makefile generated by CMake (or at least with minor modifications), but the big problem is that Dev-Cpp don't yet support multi-output project. As VTK has several output (libCommon, libRendering, ...), it's not possible to compile the whole VTK at once !
You should generate projects for each library of VTK.

An simplier way may be to use Mingw and MSys (shell for mingw) and compile it with the command line compiler.

Vincent NICOLAS
Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
Universite catholique de Louvain
vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be