[vtkusers] How to read Scalar data from a vtk file?

Deepak kumar Premnath deepak_sathya at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 15:41:17 EDT 2004

Hello vtk experts,

I have a problem reading Scalar data from a vtk file. I am using the following steps.......Can you correct me if I am wrong....

 vtkScalars *scalars = new vtkScalars;
         vtkPolyDataReader *datareader = vtkPolyDataReader::New();
         datareader->SetFileName("argv[2]");
         datareader->SetScalarsName("my_scalars_name");
         datareader->Read(scalars);

I am a starter in vtk....So please bear with me......

Thanks,

Deepak