[vtkusers] cross-compiling VTK with python support

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 11 13:40:51 EDT 2004

Hello all,
	I have read some posts on this list about cross-compiling vtk with a
linux host and windows target, but I was unable to find complete
instructions for getting python support. My goal is to compile vtk for
use with python2.3 so I can use Mayavi as a module in python2.3. If I
don't need to cross-compile, that would be even better. As it stands
now, though, I can't get mayavi working as a python module, and I
suspect it has something to do with the python version (I could be
wrong, though).
	My apologies if this is the wrong list to post to, but it seemed
appropriate from the other posts.

Thanks,

Jonathan Taylor