[vtkusers] Question about texture coordinate?

shrinivas kulkarni kshrinivas at operamail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:14:50 EDT 2004

Hi Hui,

Apart from the classes you provided here, we can specify texture coordinates for each vertex independetly as follows:

pTCoords = vtkFloatArray::New();
pTCoords->SetNumberOfComponents( 2 );
pTCoords->SetNumberOfTuples( nNoOfPoints );

// (..for each point in polydata do this )
pTCoords->SetTuple2( nIndex, fX, fY );
// At the end assign this as TCoords to polydata.
pMeshPolyData->GetPointData()->SetTCoords( pTCoords );

Note that, assumption here is you use vtkPolydata.( I have played with only vtkPolydata for texture mapping).
Hope this helps you.

Thanks and regards,
Shrinivas