[vtkusers] Which one to use?! Fltk? GTK? WxWidgets..?!

A J lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 14:03:25 EDT 2004

Sean, thats great! thank-you for your thorough response

I have now come across Botha's vtkFlRenderWindow and your vtkFLTK class..

As I mentioned before, my code is in C++ where I use VTK to render my
scene.. Its more like an animation where I do some calculations on the data,
then render teh scene, do some more calcs/modifcations on the data, and
re-render the new scene, and so forth

I have a class called ScreenDisplay which contains an instance of
vtkRenderWindow, which is waht calls Render() to display my scene (my
RenderWindow also contains multiple Renderers)

Say I didnt have these classes which bridge VTK and FLTK..
and say I wanted to make my own callback (which would lets say display only
one of the Renderers in my RenderWindow).. and this callback would be called
upon a keypress event lets say.
Then can I inherit my ScreenDisplay class from Fl_Widget and proceed from
there?

Does this make sense or have I totally lost it? Or do I need the vtkFLTK
class for this?

and btw has anyone done any motion tracking using FLTK?  Can I make my own
event whcih would be invoked upon the motion of the motion-tracker?

Thanks again,

AJ