[vtkusers] who 'observes' event?

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Jun 2 11:58:25 EDT 2004

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

The problem is that there has to be an event loop for events to be
processed.  You either have to use iren->Start() or write your own event
loop. The problem is not in the interactor style; events are sent to the
interactor style from the render window interactor.  From
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h:

// vtkRenderWindowInteractor provides a platform-independent interaction
// mechanism for mouse/key/time events. It serves as a base class for
// platform-dependent implementations that handle routing of mouse/key/timer
// messages to vtkInteractorStyle and its subclasses.
// vtkRenderWindowInteractor also provides controls for picking,
// rendering frame rate, and headlights.

- Amy