[vtkusers] vtkGlyph3D with 2 sets of scalars for input

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Thu Jul 29 20:52:42 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm looking to plot a set of datapoints with glyphs where the size of the
glyphs is based upon one set of scalars, and the color based on another.

A> Is this possible
B> How?

Also slightly OT,

I would like to plot these glyphs with a translucent surface present around
the area of the data points.. when I have tried setting the entire surface
to a low alpha value before it had strange shadowing effects where the
transparency would only carry a certain distance then just became the
background color.

C> What causes this (z buffer?) ??
D> How to fix it?

 Timothy R. Jarvis