[vtkusers] VTK Wiki!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Jul 29 17:42:15 EDT 2004

    SMI>    Long, long ago (March 2004) ... amid much contentious
    SMI>    debate ;-) ...
    SMI> arose a shining beacon above the fray. Lo! It was Prabhu
    SMI> suggesting a VTK Wiki! I have just discovered that it has
    SMI> come to pass. Rock on!

Thank you.

I heard from spies ;-D that the wiki was still undergoing testing and
was waiting for a formal announcement before saying anything.  I guess
the wiki is here to stay given that the main VTK web page has the
link.  I am very happy that it has come to pass.  Even better, they
have used MediaWiki (which IMHO is the best and most feature-packed)
Wiki today.

So thanks to the person(s) who set it up.

I haven't contributed any content to the wiki yet.  Hopefully, I'll do
so after my vacation.  In any case this is the time for good user
supported documentation to become a reality.  I think this will go a
long way to make VTK easier to learn.

cheers,
prabhu