[vtkusers] How to color a line

Patrick (Peng) Cheng peng-cheng at uiowa.edu
Thu Jul 29 13:20:25 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have the following code to draw a tube in the scene.
The tube is of the same color. Now I have some scalar values at each point
How do I use something like lookup table to color the line according to the
scalar values. Thanks a lot

	vtkPolyData *data = vtkPolyData::New();
	data->SetPoints(points); // points is vtkPoints
	data->SetLines(line);	 // line is vtkCellArray

	vtkCleanPolyData *clean = vtkCleanPolyData::New();
	clean->SetInput(data);

	vtkTubeFilter *tube = vtkTubeFilter::New();
	tube->SetInput(clean->GetOutput());
	tube->SetRadius(0.6);
	tube->SetNumberOfSides(6);
	tube->SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusOff();

	vtkPolyDataMapper *mapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
	mapper->SetInput(tube->GetOutput());

	vtkProperty *pro = vtkProperty::New();
	pro->SetColor(1,0,0);

	vtkActor *actor = vtkActor::New();