[vtkusers] problem with surface

Germain PRUNIER Germain.PRUNIER at cerealog.fr
Thu Jul 29 04:49:44 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I would like to display a surface from a cloud of points.
I tried vtkDelaunay3D and vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter but for both methods I get unpleasant results.

I attached some pictures that presents the cloud of points, and the result with the 2 methods...

I think that some of you could help me. It seems not to be really difficult but I don't know how to do that!

Please, where are my problems ??

Thank you!
Germain

 <<cloud_points.jpg>>  <<cloud_points2.jpg>>  <<Delaunay3D.jpg>>  <<SurfaceReconstructionFilter.jpg>>

//with vtkDelaunay3D, I wrote:

vtkDelaunay3D *delpts = vtkDelaunay3D::New();
    delpts->SetInput(data);                                   //data: my points
    delpts->SetTolerance(0.01);
    delpts->SetAlpha(0.0);

vtkDataSetMapper *cloudMapper2 = vtkDataSetMapper::New();
    cloudMapper->SetInput(delpts->GetOutput());

//with vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter:

vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter *surf = vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter::New();
	surf->SetInput(data);

vtkContourFilter *cf = vtkContourFilter::New();
    cf->SetInput((vtkDataSet*)surf->GetOutput());
    cf->SetValue(0,0.0);

vtkReverseSense *reverse = vtkReverseSense::New();
   reverse->SetInput(cf->GetOutput());
   reverse->ReverseCellsOn();
   reverse->ReverseNormalsOn();
   reverse->Update();

vtkPolyDataMapper *cloudMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
   cloudMapper->SetInput(reverse->GetOutput());