[vtkusers] java problems (swing)

Christian Werner christian.werner at bruker.ch
Wed Jul 28 11:14:19 EDT 2004

Jeff Lee wrote:

 > does your exit problem occur on both systems?  I have seen problems with the 6106 driver on exit.
 > -J

Jeff,

I can confirm reproducible crashes on exit of Java apps using OpenGL through
JNI (my own app using an approach similar to vtk+java as well as Java3D demos),
so this problem isn't specific to vtk.
This only happens with the nvidia 1.0-6106 driver for linux (to be complete:
P4, Quadro4 380XGL, RedHat 7.3, j2sdk 1.4.2_04 or any 1.5.0-beta3-bXX snapshot).
It's always a SIGSEGV in libGL.

Does anyone know of a workaround other than using the old 1.0-5336 driver?

so long,

-chris